The Tampa Bay Buccaneers got a much needed win last week in Atlanta. They defeated their bitter rival, the Atlanta Falcons by a score of 31-24. This week the Buccaneers will be on the road again, this time against a much tougher opponent. They head out west to Arizona to play the Arizona Cardinals. The Cardinals were one of the NFL’s best last year. Last week they lost to Jimmy G and the New England Patriots by a score of 23-21. The Buccaneers will need to be on their “A” game on Sunday. Let’s jump into some bold predictions for the game.
- Jameis Winston will throw 2 or more TD passes: Bucs Quarterback Jameis Winston had a great game after getting off to a slow start. He went 23/33 for 281 yards, 4 TD’s and 1 INT. Expect Jameis to have more success this week. Bucs fans saw last Sunday what HC Dirk Koetter’s offense will look like. It will be a lot of down the field, go and get the ball type plays. It seems Jameis really likes that so expect to see it more.
- Vincent Jackson will have a big day: That’s right Bucs veteran wide receiver Vincent Jackson will have success against Arizona’s secondary. The Cardinals will most likely focus on stopping Mike Evans, who had a big day against Atlanta last week. They will forget about Tampa’s 2nd wide receiver Vincent Jackson. Jackson is a deep threat kind of receiver. But hey, who isn’t when you are 6’5 and have an incredible vertical jump. Koetter’s offense not only benefits Evans but it also benefits Jackson. Evans had a big game last week. This week it’s Jackson’s turn.
- David Johnson will be held under 90 yards rushing: Yes Arizona RB David Johnson is one of the best in the league but the Buccaneers did not let Devonta Freeman get many yards against them. The Buccaneers should be able to contain Johnson as long as they make that first initial tackle. If they can’t do that it could be a long day in the desert for the Buccaneers.
- Carson Palmer will throw as many TD’s as he does INT’s: Yes I was disappointed that the Buccaneers did not get a turnover over last week. This week will change. Carson Palmer is not the same QB as Matt Ryan. Palmer is a gun-slinger. He likes to take chances if he throws TD’s he will throw INT’s. I think he will have 2 TD’s and 2 INT’s.
- Roberto Aguayo keeps streaking: This was a prediction last week and it will keep being one until it’s wrong. Roberto Aguayo was a perfect 5 for 5 with his kicks. The Cardinals play in a stadium that has a retractable roof. They decide whether to open it up or keep it closed the morning of the game. Either way, Aguayo will remain perfect.
There it is folks. These are my official predictions for the Buccaneers on Sunday. This game will be a tough one for Tampa Bay as I still believe that the Cardinals are still one of the NFL’s best teams. The Cardinals losing last week makes them hungry for a w. Not to mention that they are at home for the 2nd straight week. The Bucs need to start fast and finish faster. If the team does that they very well could shock the world! We will find out how ready they are on late Sunday afternoon at 4:05. GO BUCS!