The holidays always trigger my more emotional side so I wanted to take a chance to thank all of you for making what we do at WTB? so damn rewarding. When we started this 4 years ago, we could not have known that people would still care what some fans thought about the team they loved but here we sit with listeners in almost 30 countries and a new extended family of Bucs fans that get together physically and virtually on a regular basis.
While we would still probably do this if we only had our original 15 or so diehards, it has been truly heart warming to get to know you fine folks over the years. So for our resolutions, the sentiments are easy. We at WTB? resolve in 2011 to:
- Continue to speak our hearts and our minds regardless of the situation
- Try to get you as much information as possible
- Remain beholden to nobody
- Continue to build relationships with other fan groups and expand our network, providing new opinions and perspectives in remote locations
- Do our best to add to your enjoyment of the team we all love, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
If I tried to thank everyone that makes what we do possible I would screw up but there are a few that need to be thanked explicitly for their tireless efforts. If you are not named here it is not an intentional slight (and, BTW, stop being such a sissy!).
- Spent – Thanks for keeping us organized, on track and reminding us of the fact that we sometimes are complete assholes.
- Roman – Thank you for being the hustler you are and always repping the show and networking, not to mention your photos and tailgate efforts. (And thanks to Socks for keeping Roman motivated!)
- Chef Red – Duh. The best Tailgate Chef in the land! (Soon to be featured on the TurboChill website!)
- BucaRino – The Czar of the tailgate and the glue that keeps what has turned into an amazing event together!
- Calico Jack – For keeping me honest (not that I lie, but when you talk this much, you need a check and balance)
- The Doc – When things changed and we needed a co-pilot you stepped up and as we find our rhythm, things keep getting better!
- Thanks to the Bucs Organisation (Especially Jon Grella and Mark Dominik ) for intermittently embracing us but most importantly, not ostracizing us!
Thanks of course to all the people who watch or listen to the show, read the blogs and participate with us. We look forward to more fun in the New Year and hope you and your families have a safe and wonderful celebration and look forward to the best year yet in 2011!