We took a BYE week as well but our hiatus is over. We have an exciting show planned for this Thursday as we will be joined by Scott Reynolds of Pewter Report. We will be assessing the mid year report card (yea, this may send some of you into a bizarre flashback) as well as looking to the time remaining on the schedule for ANY glimmer of hope. As hard as I try to see the bright side of things, there are some truly troubling items left unexplained.
- How is Michael Clayton still playing?
- How, with three quality backs, does our running game suck?
- How, with this offensive line, can we neither protect the QB nor help the guys mentioned above?
- How has our offense gotten worse EVERY WEEK after firing the guy who was the problem?
- How ironic is it that we are wearing throwbacks?
Yea, I could get mired in the atrocitied of owners who are spending little to no money, but that might get me sued (they spend money on lawyers folks, just ask Sileo). I will focus instead on what is on the field and how, in the name of all that is good an holy, we have a prayer to win against the Packers. Making matters worse, the damn Panthers beat the Cardinals, giving them the impression that they are a quality squad again!
At any rate, get your evaluations of the team in to our mailbox via questions AT whatthebuc DOT net and we will share our reflections and opinions this Thursday. On brighter notes (and to be followed up on later this week):
- We get to tailgate again (and Eric the RV guy will be there with Jello shots! This tailgate should be outstanding!)
- We get to dust off the old Bucs gear and talk down to people who have no idea who Richard Wood, David Logan, Neal Colzie, Mark Cotney and Obed Ariri are.
- 1010 looks like they are going to let me pollute the REAL airwaes again next Thursday!
So, we apologize for this hiatus. We do not like to leave you folks alone, especially with alcohol and weapons so cheap and readily available, but we will be back this week to get this thing going again!