The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have not done well traveling to the west coast and this game against the San Fransisco 49ers was different. Very, very different. The Buccaneers were down 14-0 early on in the game but were able to come back and crush the 49ers walking out of Levi’s Stadium 3-3 after a 34-17 victory. Let’s get into some players that stood out and some that didn’t (there won’t be many)
- Jacquizz Rodgers: For the second straight game Rodgers is on the top of this list. What did I say when previewing the game? I hope everyone played him in their fantasy lineup this week because he was on fire. I know I did and I was happy with his production. His stat line read: 26 ATT, 154 YDS
- Mike Evans: WR Mike Evans has been on fire this season. He has doubled his TD total from last season (3). Looks like another one of my predictions for this game was correct. His stat line read: 8 REC, 96 YDS, 2 TDS
- Jameis Winston: After getting off to a slow start QB Jameis Winston started to get into a rhythm. After his INT he was very sharp. He was hitting his receivers where they needed to be hit. It was a great day for the man who wears number 3. His stat line read: 21/30, 269 YDS, 3 TD, 1 INT
- Russell Shepard: This is Shepard’s first time on this list and it may not be his last. Shepard is awesome on special teams and has been selected as a captain for this season. He is on this list for what he was able to do as a receiver. He caught everything thrown to him and has possibly taken the number 2 WR spot from Cecil Shorts. His stat line read: 5 REC, 77 YDS, 1 TD
- Peyton Barber: The undrafted free agent RB from Auburn finally got his chance on Sunday. He got some carries in the Carolina game but didn’t really produce that much. This game however was a different story. Barber had some nice runs including a 44 yard TD run to put the Niners away. His stat line read: 12 ATT, 84 YDS, 1 TD
- Cecil Shorts: WR Cecil Shorts was given the number 2 job after Vincent Jackson went down on IR. Shorts did not receive a pass on Sunday. With Shepard’s performance Shorts may have already lost his spot.
- Adam Humphries: Hump has done a great job this season. He has been a reliable Receiver and a decent return man. He is not on this list for his receiving but his punt return skills. He muffed 2 punts and the Bucs are lucky they were able to recover both. That could’ve been a game changer.
There it is. Finally we have the shortest list we ever have had for the bottom 5 that’s a great thing. The Buccaneers go back home for 3 straight starting with the Oakland Raiders this week. The Buccaneers have a chance to go over .500 if they come out victorious. GO BUCS!