On Sunday afternoon the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will go on the road to face their division rival, the Atlanta Falcons. The biggest story line about this game will of course be that it is a homecoming for Bucs HC Dirk Koetter who was the OC for the Falcons from 2012-2014 but possibly an even bigger story line is DC Mike Smith returning to Atlanta for the first time since being fired in 2014. He was the HC from 2008-2014. Along with these story lines, I am ready to make some predictions.
It’s the first game of the year. It’s a very important game (division matchup). So let’s get bold shall we?
Predictions for Week 1 in Atlanta
- Jameis Winston will throw for 300+ yards: Jameis Winston is the Bucs franchise QB and he has played well against the Falcons. Winston will take advantage of a Falcons defense that in my opinion isn’t that good. Expect Jameis and the offense to have a good day.
- The Bucs defense will come up with 3 or more sacks: One of the biggest problems for Tampa Bay last year will be one of the biggest reasons they win this game. It is very important for the Bucs to get pressure on Matt Ryan in this one. So wake up and get ready to play McCoy,Ayers,Spence and many more. All need to step up and make plays.
- Tampa will force 2 picks out of Matt Ryan: Pressure can do a lot of things to a QB. It turn the pocket into a scary place. The beauty of getting pressure is that it can make a QB make bad decisions. That’s where Tampa Bay’s secondary comes up big. Brent Grimes and Vernon Hargreaves are expected to be the starters at CB. Expect one of them to get a turnover. As for the other INT? Look no further than Lavonte David for that.
- Doug Martin will rush for over 100 yards: Doug Martin is coming off the best year of his career. The Bucs will rely on the run in this game and Doug Martin will have to step up big. I believe he will. He will take the pressure off of Winston and on to the Falcons defense.
- Roberto Aguayo will be perfect in his debut: Bucs second round pick Roberto Aguayo struggled in the first two preseason games, the next 2 he was a perfect 9-9. It seems like Aguayo has gotten all of the jitters out. He will help the Bucs win a football game.
Pretty bold huh? Some would say no but I think that these are pretty realistic. The Falcons are not that good of a football team. Tampa Bay will take care of the division rival this Sunday. Fun fact is that if the Saints lose and the Bucs win then the Bucs will be in the division lead! Go BUCS